General Waiver – Cole Murray Cape Kidnappers Trail Run 6 October 2018
1. I have read and understand the event information regarding this event and understand that I participate in this event at my own risk.
2. I acknowledge that safety precautions undertaken by the organisers are not a guarantee of safety. I accept that I have an important responsibility to carefully read and listen to all safety briefings and to immediately seek clarification on anything which is not entirely clear to me.
3. I hereby attest and verify that I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained for this event.
4. I understand that competing in this event may involve running and walking on trails with rocks, roots, stream crossings, and up and down steep terrain. The hazards may include but are not limited to; challenging terrain, rocks, roots, adjacent streams, rivers, motor vehicle traffic, slippery surfaces, loose rocks, soft sand, weather conditions, heat exhaustion, hypothermia, actions of spectators, other competitors, general public and the event organisers' personnel.
5. I hereby acknowledge this waiver, release and indemnity discharge all persons, corporations, associations and bodies involved or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the event and their servants, agents, representatives, officers and employees. This includes but is not limited to the various committees, members, and employees of all independent contracted suppliers to the event, local councils, cities and districts and their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents, volunteers, event organisers and sponsors whether or not the loss, injury or damage is attributed to the act or neglect of any or more of them. This release continues indefinitely and binds my heirs, executors, personal representative and assigns.
6. I consent to receiving any medical treatment that the event organisers or their first aid personnel think desirable during or after the event.
7. I agree to comply with the rules and directions of event officials and their personnel.
8. If I choose to withdraw for any reason during the event, I will ensure that I advise the nearest official at the time and that my timing chip is returned to event staff and my number noted.
9. I hereby consent to my photo being taken and from images to be collected by drone. I allow the use of my name and image to be used in the media and for marketing purposes.
10. I understand that I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
11. I hereby agree that in the case of event cancellation due to extreme inclement weather (at the discretion of event officials), my entry fee shall be non-refundable.
12. I understand that my entry cannot be transferred or deferred and refunds are only available as follows: Refunds before 1 July will be subject to a $20 administration fee. Refunds from 1 July to 31 August will be reimbursed at 50% of the entry fee.
13. I agree that my contact details will be added to the Jamrac Events event database, and that I will receive emails directly from Jamrac Events. I understand that I can unsubscribe from this database at any time. Jamrac Events will not, under any circumstances, distribute at any time, the contact details of those on the Jamrac Events database without my written permission.